The Complex Engineering Systems Institute (ISCI) and the Universidad de Chile, would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the 14th Symposium for Systems Analysis in Forest Resources, SSAFR, that will be held from March 8th, 2011 until March 11th, 2011 at the Marbella Resort Hotel, Maitencillo, Chile.
This symposium is being held periodically and usually in the USA. This would be the third time in Chile. In the two previous versions in our country, the symposium had an excellent number of high quality experts, mainly from Europe, USA, Canada and South America, among other countries.
We expect to receive a variety of contributions. Please send an abstract by September 30th. You will receive an answer regarding acceptance at the symposium on October 30th.
The objective of the symposium is to congregate researchers and practitioners in the area of Operations Research and Systems Analysis in Forest Resources.
Topics of interest in the meeting include: strategic forest planning, operational and tactical planning, environmental issues, fire and pests, spatial problems, hierarchical problems, forest operations, forest supply chain, multiple objectives, uncertainty, GIS and information technologies, algorithmic developments, exact methods, heuristics and metaheuristics.
We will also invite speakers to present on topics such as sustainability, economics of sustainability, wood for energy, carbon capturing, landscape ecology and growth/yield modeling.
- José Borges, Universidad Técnica de Lisboa
- Richard Church, University of California, Santa Bárbara
- Sophie D’amours, Université Laval, Québec
- Rafael Epstein, Universidad de Chile
- Monique Guignard, University of Pennsylvania
- Eldon Gunn, Dalhousie University
- Robert Haight, USDA Forest Service
- Peter Lohmander, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- David Martell, University of Toronto
- Ramiro Morales, Consultant, Universidad de Chile
- Glen Murphy, Oregon State University
- Hayri Onal, University of Illinois
- Carlos Romero, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Mikael Rönnqvist, The Norwegian School of Economics and Business
- Juan Pablo Vielma, University of Pittsburgh
- Andrés Weintraub, Universidad de Chile
* The official language of the symposium will be English.
* For any question regarding the event, please contact our Coordinator, Karla Jaramillo at email@example.com